The Ultimate DANKO JONES DVD Collection
to be Released in the United States on July 3, 2012
Double Disc DVD includes Short Film
featuring ELIJAH WOOD, SELMA BLAIR, LEMMY (Motörhead) and More!
New Documentary: Bring On The Mountain WORLD PREMIERE at NXNE 2012 on June 12, 2012
NEW ALBUM Coming Fall 2012!
Canadian rock phenomenon DANKO JONES is gearing up to release the first ever official DANKO JONES DVD, entitled Bring On The Mountain on July 3, 2012 in the United States. The two-disc DVD features a comprehensive 90 minute documentary spanning the band’s incredible career, including a slew of exclusive live clips from some of their most memorable performances from around the world. In order to give their fans the best viewing experience possible, the band has blended the greatest clips and moments captured on video throughout their career—forming the outstanding DVD that rabid DANKO JONES fans have been clamoring for. Shot by the Diamond Bros., the documentary offers a unique insight into the ups and downs of one of the hardest working bands around today.
An extra special treat for fans comes in the format of a short film titled The Ballad of Danko Jones. Based on Danko Jones’ most recent video trilogy, the film features actors Elijah Wood, Selma Blair, Ralph Macchio, Jena Malone, musicians Lemmy (Motorhead), Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE), and many other familiar faces. All 19 music videos the band has ever made, including videos that have not been available in over 10 years, are also included.
The world premiere of Bring On The Mountain will take place at the National Film Board during the NXNE Film Festival in Toronto, ON on June 12, 2012 (encore performance on June 15), followed by The Ballad of Danko Jones on June 13. Although DANKO JONES will be busy touring in Europe, directors Josh and Jason Diamond will be on hand for the premiere.
DANKO JONES recently wrapped up recording a new album at Noble Street Studios in their hometown of Toronto, ON with producer Matt DeMatteo, and is currently in Vancouver working on the final mixes with engineer Mike Fraser. The currently untitled album is expected to be released early fall 2012.
DANKO JONES’ most recent full-length release, Below the Belt, is the band’s most successful album in many years and includes their biggest commercial radio single to date, entitled ‘Full of Regret’. The single was one of the most played rock songs on Canadian radio in 2010 and charted within the Top 30 on the US Active Rock charts. The album also charted in seven European countries + Canada, including a top 10 position in Sweden. The band’s music has been featured on television on HBO’s True Blood and CSI: NY, on video games like Need for Speed Nitro and NHL 2011, and on the Saw VI and VII soundtracks—just to name a few. DANKO JONES has performed with the likes of Guns N’ Roses, Motorhead, The Rolling Stones, and more and have sold-out numerous headline tours of Europe and Canada.
DANKO JONES will be taking part in a special European festival run kicking off on June 7, 2012 in Sweden at the Sweden Rock Festival in Sölvesborg. Fall dates in both the U.S. and Canada will be announced shortly along with more European dates. See below for all currently confirmed international tour dates.
CONFIRMED DANKO JONES TOUR DATES:
- 06.07 – Sweden Rock Festival, Sölvesborg, Sweden
- 06.09 – Millencolin 20 year festival, Örebro, Sweden
- 06.15 – Azkena Rock Festival, Vitoria, Spain
- 06.28 – Open Air St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
- 07.13 – Optimus Live, Lisbon, Portugal
- 07.19 – Hegyalja Festival, Tokaj, Hungary
- 07.20 – Devilside, Oberhausen, Germany
- 08.01 – Wacken Festival, Germany (Spoken Word)
- 08.02 – Wacken Festival, Germany (Spoken Word)
- 08.17 – Rockstad, Falun, Sweden
- 10.16 – Circus, Helsinki, Finland
- 10.21 – Docks, Hamburg, Germany
- 10.24 – Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 10.25 – AB, Brussels, Belgium
- 10.26 – Le Trabendo, Paris, France
- 10.29 – Arena, Wien, Austria
- 10.30 – Longhorn, Stuttgart, Germany
- 10.31 – Theater Fabrik, Münich, Germany
- 11.01 – Postbahnhof, Berlin, Germany
- 11.02 – FZW, Dortmund, Germany
- 11.03 – Batschkapp, Frankfurt, Germany
DANKO JONES is:
- Danko Jones (vocals/guitar)
- John ‘JC’ Calabrese (bass guitar)
- Atom Willard (drums)