Brand New Album “VII: Sturm Und Drang”
To Be Released July 24, 2015 via Epic Records
Richmond, VA based heavy rock band LAMB OF GOD will release their highly-anticipated seventh full-length album, VII: Sturm Und Drang, on July 24, 2015 via Epic Records.
Today, LAMB OF GOD has unleashed the brand new track “512”, cut from VII: Sturm Und Drang. Listen now via the band’s YouTube page and Spotify, and stay tuned for the official music video for the track, directed by Jorge Torres-Torres, coming soon.
Finally, make sure to read the exclusive “512” track description interview with vocalist Randy Blythe via RollingStone.com here.
VII: Sturm Und Drang is now available for pre-order via iTunes and Amazon, which include “Still Echoes” and “512” as instant-grat tracks. In addition, the album is available for pre-order in connection with several exclusive bundles at http://smarturl.it/vii-preorder.
VII: Sturm Und Drang is once again produced and mixed by Josh Wilbur with engineering by Wilbur, Nick Rowe, and Kyle McAulay, and was recorded at NRG Recording Studios in North Hollywood, CA and Suburban Soul Studios in Torrance, CA. LAMB OF GOD’s last album, the 2012 Grammy-nominated Resolution, debuted at #3 on the US Billboard Top 200, #1 on the US Top Hard Rock and Rock Album charts, #2 on the Canadian albums chart, and #3 on the Australian albums chart.
Catch LAMB OF GOD on tour this summer with Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine and Motionless In White:
NORTH AMERICAN TOUR:
LAMB OF GOD W/ Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine & Motionless In White
- 7/24 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Cruzan Amphitheatre
- 7/25 – Tampa, FL @ MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre
- 7/26 – Atlanta, GA @ Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
- 7/28 – Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy MusicTheatre
- 7/29 – Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
- 7/31 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- 8/1 – Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
- 8/2 – Hartford, CT @ XFINITY Theatre
- 8/4 – Boston, MA @ XFINITY Center
- 8/5 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/6 – Pittsburgh, PA @ First Niagara Pavilion
- 8/8 – Toronto, ON @ Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
- 8/9 – Montreal, QC @ Parc Jean-Drapeau – Heavy Montreal
- 8/11 – Washington, DC @ Jiffy Lube Live
- 8/12 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
- 8/14 – Indianapolis, IN @ Klipsch Music Center
- 8/15 – Chicago, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- 8/16 – St. Louis, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- 8/19 – Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 8/21 – Salt Lake City, UT @ USANA Amphitheatre
- 8/23 – Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheater
- 8/24 – Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
- 8/26 – Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion
- 8/28 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Resort Festival Grounds
- 8/29 – Phoenix, AZ @ AK-Chin Pavilion
- 8/30 – Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Amphitheater
- 9/2 – Austin, TX @ Austin360 Amphitheater
- 9/4 – Houston, TX @ The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- 9/5 – Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion
ABOUT LAMB OF GOD:
Richmond, VA natives LAMB OF GOD originally formed in 1994 as Burn The Priest while in college together at Virginia Commonwealth University, initially performing in meagre venues and hocking rough demos amongst the local scene. In 1998, the band changed their moniker to LAMB OF GOD, which would mark their impending ascension to top-tier status, as well as one of the only tangible career deviations that the band would ever undertake – having consistently released chart-topper after chart-topper while maintaining a true and constant line-up of members and increasingly growing fanbase; a rarity in modern music. The band’s first major release, 2000’s New American Gospel, was immediately touted as an instant metal classic. AllMusic stated it best, “The essential signatures of post-Pantera metal are in abundance on Lamb of God’s inaugural album. New American Gospel provides a mighty oak upon which gritty American metal’s faith is maintained, effectively bridging the ’90s’ insistence upon drill-sergeant technicality and the old school’s determined focus on riff construction.”
In 2007, just a short time after putting out monumentally successful releases Ashes of the Wake (Album, 2004, #27 of 200 debut), Killadelphia (DVD, 2004, RIAA Platinum), and Sacrament(Album, 2006, #8 of 200 debut), LAMB OF GOD was honored with a Grammy nomination for the track “Redneck”. This would mark the first of four Grammy nominations for the band. After the release of Walk With Me In Hell (DVD, 2008), the second and third Grammy nominations came in 2010 and 2011 for tracks “Set to Fail” and “In Your Words”, both cut from Wrath(CD, 2009, #2 of 200 debut). The fourth nomination arrived for the band’s track “Ghost Walking”, cut from their 2012 album Resolution (CD, #3 of 200 debut). Now, on the cusp of releasing their seventh full-length album VII: Sturm Und Drang, the five-piece is poised to prove their lasting consistency by offering another blistering contribution of the highest quality heavy metal – a record that no one other than LAMB OF GOD could truly execute.
Having amassed the globe with countless world tours and millions of albums sold, all-the-while overcoming countless hurdles ranging from personal demons to vocalist Randy Blythe’s 2013 trial in Prague (which resulted in the acclaimed 2014 full-length feature documentary, As The Palaces Burn, and upcoming book, Dark Days: A Memoir, authored by the frontman and releasing in July), LAMB OF GOD stands the test of time as the biggest, most influential heavy metal band of the new millennium.
LAMB OF GOD is:
- Randy Blythe – vocals
- Mark Morton – guitar
- Willie Adler – guitar
- John Campbell – bass
- Chris Adler – drums
For more information about LAMB OF GOD, please visit: